- a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.
- a picture representing natural inland or coastal scenery.
- Fine Arts. the category of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery is represented.
- Obsolete. a panoramic view of scenery; vista.
verb (used with object), landscaped, landscaping.
- to improve the appearance of (an area of land, a highway, etc.), as by planting trees, shrubs, or grass, or altering the contours of the ground.
- to improve the landscape of.
verb (used without object), landscaped, landscaping.
- to do landscape gardening as a profession.
- Digital Technology. relating to or producing horizontal, sideways orientation of computer or other digital output, with lines of data parallel to the two longer sides of a page or screen.
Compare portrait (def 3).