To my students – 请大家用那天所讲的方法好好练习

 相信同学们那天在课堂上练习了前三句后今天再看到这些对话内容一定会有一种特别的感觉,自己在说的时候好像能很容易找到那种真正说英语的感觉,并且好像那种语音语调已经在自己的潜意识里了。这就是那天那样练习后的效果。所以再在这里啰嗦一下,理论学再多都没有用,只要稍微实践一下就能明白很多。

我把整个对话内容贴在这里,大家可以点每句话来下载单句的录音,也可以在这里下载全文的录音

A: Are you going to do anything exciting this weekend?

B: Well, I”m going to celebrate my birthday.

A: Fabulous. When is your birthday exactly?

B: It’s August ninth – Sunday.

A: So, what are your plans?

B: Well, my friend Kayla is going to take me out for dinner.

A: Nice. Is she going to order a cake?

B: Yeah, and the waiters are probably going to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. It’s so embarrassing.

收藏一较牛回贴

忽然屋顶瓦片响动,偶从草榻上一跃而起,低声喝问:“谁?!”屋顶有人答道:“阁下请出来说话。”偶飞身跃入院中,但见屋脊上站立一人,打扮颇为怪异,似是异邦之人。背负一口长剑,剑柄镶了一颗极大的珠子,月光之下发出幽幽绿光。偶心头一凛,想起一人,拱手道:“原来是还珠楼主,楼主久不到中原,不知今日所来为何?”还珠楼主却不答话,一扬手,一道白光直射下来,偶不敢怠慢,侧身让过,卸了暗器飞来之势,探手将暗器接住,却是一张纸。还珠楼主一笑:“今日特来发帖。”偶再看那张纸,虽是好纸,却已发黄,上写道:“恭请阁下于猴年马月猪日羊时参加英雄会”。再一想,那猴年马月已是三年之前了。偶不禁冷笑道:“楼主,这帖子未免也太老了吧!”

You can make it if you try

点下面每句话可以下载每句话的录音:

You can make it if you try

You can’t be beaten at anything, until you quit in your own mind.

There is no failure except in your not trying.

There is no defeat except from within.

 

You have no really insurmountable barrier except your own inherent weakness of purpose.

The odds are with you if you keep on trying.

 

Consider yourself on a very long journey.

Sustain your personal vision of success until you achieve it.

In the end, you can fail only if you don’t try.

Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to is.

Success is a road that’s paved with perseverance.

这里是全文的录音文件:You can make it if you try(Full).mp3

How to Win Friends and Influence People

This is Dale Carnegie’s summary of his book, from 1936
这是戴尔·卡耐基1936年的著作的一个概要。

 

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
与人相处的基本技巧

 

  1. Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
    不要批评、谴责或者抱怨。
  2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
    真心诚意地感激他人。
  3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.
    唤起
    别人热切的需求。

 

Six ways to make people like you
使别人喜欢你的六个方法

 

  1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
    变得真正关心别人
  2. Smile.
    笑。
  3. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
    永远记住,对一个人来说,在任何语言中最好听和最重要的声音是
    自己的名字
  4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
    做一个好的聆听者。鼓励别人对你讲述他们自己的事情。
  5. Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
    谈论别人感兴趣的事情。
  6. Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely.
    让别人感觉到他们自己很重要——但是要真诚。

 

Win people to your way of thinking
让别人认同你的想法

 

  1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
    尽量避免争论。
  2. Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
    尊重别人的观点。永远不要说“你错了。”
  3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
    如果你错了要迅速并且很郑重地承认。
  4. Begin in a friendly way.
    以友好的方式开头。
  5. Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately.
    快速地让别人说“是,是”。
  6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
    尽量让别人说话。
  7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
    让别人感觉到这个点子是他或她的。
  8. Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
    真诚地去站在别人的观点上看待事情。
  9. Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
    感受他人的想法与愿望。
  10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
    寻求高尚的动机。
  11. Dramatize your ideas.
    将自己的想法变得戏剧化。
  12. Throw down a challenge.
    放弃挑战他人。

 

Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
成为领导者:如何改变他人而不冒犯他人或激起反感

A leader’s job often includes changing your people’s attitudes and behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:
作为一个领导者你经常需要改变手下的态度和行为。下面是如何做好这些的一些建议:

  1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
    以表扬和真诚的感激开头。
  2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
    间接地指出别人的错误。
  3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
    在批评别人之前先谈谈自己的错误。
  4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
    不要直接命令而是通过问问题的方式。
  5. Let the other person save face.
    为他人保留面子。
  6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
    对很小的进步也提出表扬,并且对每一次进步都提出表扬。要诚恳地表示认可,慷慨地给予赞扬。
  7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
    给别人好的声誉使其为不负盛名而主动改进。
  8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
    鼓励他人,使错误看起来很容易纠正。
  9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
    让别人觉得乐于去做你让他做的事。

 

Happy New Year – You Make Your Own Opportunities

 

 

Your destiny isn’t a matter of chance,
it’s a matter of the choices you’ll make in the coming year.

Success isn’t something you wait for,
it’s something you must pursue in the months ahead.

Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities to be successful.
Seize common occasions and turn them into great ones.
Opportunity sometimes comes disguised
in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.

Start where you are.
You’re at this moment, standing right in the middle of opportunity.

If you act on your dreams you can live them in the New Year.
You have a lot to look forward to.

Happy New Year!